Edgars is the founder and leading partner of the firm Atlācis un Partneri. Throughout his practice, which spans over a decade, he has consulted Latvia’s biggest companies working in the field of the environment. He has authored a number of publications.
Edgars has taken part in the development of laws and regulations governing various industries, and environmental law in particular. He has participated in various conferences, and in different levels of discussions concerning the practice of applying laws and regulations and harmonising them among members state in the European Commission. Edgars is a founder, member and executive of a few charitable organisations.
- University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, Master’s degree in Law
- University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, qualification as an attorney, level-two professional degree, equivalent to level-five professional qualification
Membership in organisations
- Latvian Collegium of Sworn Advocates https://www.advokatura.lv/lv/kolegija/
- Deputy workgroup manager in the workgroup for the improvement of the laws and regulations governing the management of waste, at the Ministry of
- Environmental Protection and Regional Development https://www.varam.gov.lv/lv/informacija-par-darba-grupam
- Legal consultant at the Latvian Association of Waste Management Companies https://www.lasua.lv/
- Consultant at the Latvian Association of Major Cities https://www.llpa.lv/
- Consultant at the Latvian Association of Local and Regional Governments https://www.lps.lv/lv